October 15, 2012

What's in a Name?

You may be asking yourself, where in the world did they come up with Josephine, or why did they choose it? Well, I shall tell you. The name Josephine has always had a very special meaning for Nick and I. Years ago when discussing children, we decided if we ever had a girl, this is what her name would be.

Thank you Uncle Sean for taking this! :)


When Nick and I lived in Denver, we lived on Josephine Street. We had been together about 6-7 months and knew things were progressing between us. A lot happened while living on this wonderful one way street. We took our first big trip together (Maui), we picked out Riley, we went on many adventures, we started working together, and most importantly we started planning our life together.

Living there was such a magical time for us, so it only seemed fitting that we name our new blessing after that special time in our life.  Also, as a bonus, my middle name is Jo, and when I was little everyone called me JoJo, so JoJo she shall be.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! I love all of your posts- Josephine is a beautiful name and she is even more beautiful!I could not be happier for you! I would love to come visit in another week or so when things settle down for you. I can't believe she is finally here- I just am so happy! You look great and I'm so proud of you. Keep updating girl- I can't wait to read more about your adorable little girl and your new family of three. Can't wait to see you soon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete