This month she has grown so much, not only physically but mentally as well. She is now smiling and melting my heart everyday, and really paying attention to Josie and all of her noises. She likes to hang out on the play mat, but not on her tummy- HATES tummy time, so I always be sure and flip her on her belly shortly before its time to get off, because it pisses her off so much. She does such a good job of holding her head up, I'm not too worried at this point.
Cate LOVES to snuggle. Has since day one, and its been so nice hanging with her all day, watching tv and taking naps, but I knew we'd be in trouble if I didn't break that cycle soon. We finally got Cate moved to her crib last weekend and in therefor naps as well. It was a rough few days of sleep training, but I knew it had to be done. I didn't want her freaking out at Jen's, because she wasn't in her bassinet, or being held, so had to get to work.She also was flipping out every 5 seconds because the pacifier fell out. I know Josie was like that too, but she would go to sleep and then stay asleep...not this one. She goes to sleep right away and then usually wakes up within 30 minutes screaming. We ran to her in the beginning, but have slowly made her realize that she needs to put herself back to sleep. If shes wailing then we'll go see her, but if shes just fussing around, then we tend to leave her alone. I am proud to say that she is much better now and will put herself to sleep and stay asleep for long periods of time. She is learning.
On a sleeping note, she is sleeping pretty well at night. Her last feeding is usually between 8:30-10, and I can get her to not eat until usually 4, sometimes 5. I don't thinks she'll be sleeping through the night before I go back to work like Josie, but that's a really good stretch for me, so hopefully it continues. She has been waking a few times in the night for the pacifier, so I shove it back in and hope she goes back to sleep-usually works.
Here are this months stats
Height- 22.75 in (54th %)
Weight- 12 lb 7 oz (71st%)
Diaper Size - 1
Clothes Size- 0-3 mo
As a little comparison, here is Josie's 2nd month photos. I'd have to look at Josie's stats, but pretty sure Cate is ahead since we had so many feeding issues. Cate has almost doubled her birth weight already- girl likes to eat! Josie's eyes are more wide set than Cate's, but can definitely tell they are sisters. Love it.


No comments:
Post a Comment