Big fifth month for this little lady. She is thisclose to sitting up and is rolling over both ways, sleeping like a champ, talking up a storm, smiling all the time, recognizing her name, eating solid foods, and likes to touch mama's face before falling asleep.
I know I say it every month, but how is she 6 months already. Time is going by entirely too fast. I was looking at some pictures when she was first born last week, and its hard to believe how much she has grown. She is still our little peanut, but she is growing like a weed and LOVES to eat food.
This month stats
Height - 25.5 in (34th %)
Weight - 15 lb 3.5 oz (34th %)
Clothes Size- 3-6 mo
Diaper size - 3
I was a little concerned about her weight considering Josie was a full 3 pounds heavier at this point, but Dr. Niland said no need to worry, she has doubled her birth weight and looks perfect.
Josie is really interacting with Cate now and its so fun to watch. She likes to give her toys to play with, and runs to get a towel when she spits up all over the place. She has also smelled her butt at few times, and let me know she had a "stinky booty". We'll see if the eagerness to share continues once Cate is mobile. Speaking of mobile, she is definitely wanting to crawl- she picks up her knees when on her tummy and tries to pull herself forward.
I didn't do any of the rice cereal shit with her. It doesn't have any nutritional value, and while it helps them learn to swallow and not push food out, Cate is a total natural. After the third meal, she started opening her mouth and swallows everything. Sorry for the off center camera action- I was feeding her and taking the video- Nick was taking pictures on the big camera. I started with bananas- yum!
Stranger danger is starting to creep in, especially with men. Josie hit this phase at about this time and lasted for quite a while. Cate LOVES her Dada though- she is always smiling at him and watches him wherever he goes. Cate sits next to Nick at dinner and she just watches, smiles, laughs, repeats...
my favorite photo
Cate's new custom art piece- love it and perfect for our
little sweet thang


No comments:
Post a Comment