August 19, 2012

Recent Reads....

Most of you know that I LOVE to read. I have been trying to read as much as I can lately, because I know soon I will have no time to myself. For those of you who are looking for a good book here are my most recent reads and what I thought about them...

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- I knew this book was getting a ton of great reviews so I downloaded it on my Kindle and read away. I couldn't put it down- it was a great murder-mystery ish book.

War Brides by Helen Bryan- This was a free book on my kindle and I enjoyed it. I love books that are set during WWII.

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult- Eh, not on my my favorites from her, but decent.

Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult- Fabulous, loved it and couldn't put it down.

50 Shades of Grey Trilogy by E.L James- I know this book has mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it. If you can get past the raunchiness there is a love story in there.

Auschwitz by Dr. Miklos Nyiszli- I again found this on my kindle and it was so amazing. I love reading about the Holocaust and this was probably the best eye-witness account I've read except for Night by Elie Wiesel. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a piece of history

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen- I finally got around to reading this and really enjoyed it. Now I need to see the movie.

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton- This was the first book I read of her's and it was wonderful. I couldn't put it down

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton- Not as good as The Forgotten Garden but decent.

And...currently I am reading Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. I am really enjoying it, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment