We were planning on decorating when Aunt Jesse was here, but with everyone getting sick, that idea went down the drain. Nick put up the outside lights when Josie was taking a nap. When she got up, they went outside and she was sooooooooooo surprised to see Snoopy and Charlie Brown in her yard!
She loves to look at him through the window and when we walk back from Jen's at night, we have to run so we can get a good look before going in the house.
We decorated the tree without her, but saved a few goodies. Her specials ornaments and those that aren't breakable. She hung a few, but immediately ripped them back off the tree. We have to watch her carefully, because she will sneak into the front room and start grabbing things she shouldn't
.
looking at Dada's Snoopy ornaments
Last night I took her around the neighborhood to look at all the lights. Uncle Johnny used to take Keri and I every year, so we hope to continue that tradition. Thankfully a lot of people put lights up this year, and she kept saying, "my Christmas tree" and " look at the lights". I have been trying to talk about Santa and point him out whenever I can, because we will be going to 'Brunch with Santa' next weekend like we did last year. It was a total debacle, so I'm hoping it goes much smoother-probably not though. The Santa at the mall down the street is really really good, so I will have to take Cate for her first photo. We'll see if Josie wants to join in the fun.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment