September 20, 2012

39 Weeks

OK, so I wasn't going to post anything until I was 40 weeks, but then I thought- what if I don't make it to 40?? And then all of my fantastic readers would miss out on the last 3 weeks! So this what we know right now and what has been going on.

Baby Sarli is still a very active girl and apparently likes her home so much that she has decided to stay there for the time being. All of my appointments have gone well. Heartbeat is strong, seems to be in position, has dropped a bit, weight gain under control (thanks to a two pound weight loss!), baby is around 6-6.5 pounds (she said I'm on the petite side)....BUT not dilated at all.

Nick and I saw Dr. Charles today and she said that I have improved a little bit but I'm still not even 1cm dilated, so at this point she had me schedule a ultrasound for next week to check my fluid level, weight and position of the baby. She said its totally routine for this to happen with first time moms and its nothing to be concerned about. However when we were scheduling the appointment we had a few people tell us that the same exact thing happened to them and they ended up delivering that very weekend! So you never know what could happen. As Nick likes to say, "she needs to come out of jail."

The one thing that has been nice and welcoming is the change in weather. We have had our air off for the last week and its been so nice not to be so swollen and sweaty all the time. My feet get really swollen at the end of the day and especially after I take Simba for a walk. I did have cankles (gross) and of course Nick had to get the last word in...he said, " I didn't realize those were your feet, I thought they were ham hocks" nice, real nice. :)

The only other thing I have been doing lately is making meals and freezing them and dreaming of what I am going to eat my first week as a free woman. On the menu I have... McDonald's #2 breakfast with an OJ immediately following birth (depending on the time of course), sushi ( any and all kinds), Penn Station Italian sub with french fries, tuna noodle (frozen and ready to go), potato soup (frozen and ready to go), dad's chili, and I plan on making crock pot chicken and dumplings this weekend and freezing that as well. I know what you're thinking... this isn't the most healthy meal plan, but lay off me...I'm starving and just want these things have I have been deprived of the last 9 months, OK!




Weeks Along: 39
Size of baby: Watermelon- about 6.5 lbs and 20 inches
Cravings: Anything sweet and cheesy
Stretch Marks: Still don't have any
Sleep: Eh, sleeping OK. I wake up multiple times through the night to go to the bathroom
Movement: Still crazy and moving around a lot
Symptoms: Swollen ankles and feet
Exercise: Yes, still trying to get a walk in everyday
Favorite Project: Catching up on my reading
Looking Forward: Seeing her for the first time, not having to work for 3 months, and fall tv
Am I Ready?: Yes and No. I am not uncomfortable at this point...unless she is kicking me (or rather headbutting me) and it feels like my bladder is going to come flying out of my body...that's no fun
 

No comments:

Post a Comment