September 2, 2012

9 Months!!!

OK, so we made it!! I can't believe that I am in the home stretch and very soon we will get to meet our little Miss Sarli. It seems like we just found out we were expecting ( waaaay back in January) and this entire year has flown by. I am starting to get antsy and just waiting for my water to break or contractions to start, but I'm not ready yet- I hope she comes closer to her due date- but when she's ready, she's ready. She's pretty bossy, so I know she will come on her terms.

Last weekend Nick and I finished up most of our little projects. We (he) assembled the bassinet, installed the car seat, put up the mobile, packed some things in my hospital bag, and hung some of Keri's poofs in her room! The only thing I really have left to do is to make some meals and freeze them for our first week home. We also had a baby care basics class last weekend ( they went over diapering, bathing, cord care, calming techniques, etc...) so, like I said to Nick...shit is about to get real! hahah. We will absolutely keep everyone updated when we head to the hospital!

                 
Weeks Along: 36
Size of baby: Honeydew Melon- about 6 lbs and 19 in
Cravings: Anything sweet
Stretch Marks: Still don't have any
Sleep: Eh, I am definitely getting up every night to pee and moving from side to side is proving more difficult. We just got a new bed so hopefully that helps
Movement: She hasn't run out of room yet- still very active
Symptoms: My fingers, toes and ankles swell throughout the day- no more wedding ring
Exercise: Yes, still trying to get a walk in everyday- I don't want to blow up this last month!
Favorite Project: Filling out her baby book
Looking Forward: to wearing regular clothes again and having a waistline
Am I Ready?: Yes and No. I am ready to meet her, but not ready to go through the birthing process. We are hoping she has an October birthday..but I honestly don't know if I can wait another month.

2 comments: