September 28, 2012

40 Weeks!

Wow, can't believe we actually made it to 40 weeks! Nick and I were sure she would make an early appearance, but in the last few weeks it seems that shes been so happy in there, and will come in her own time- stubborn like her father!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly check-up and got some exciting news. I am now 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced (thinned out). She said that was a huge improvement from where I was a week ago. So this could mean shes on her way this weekend, if not I have an appointment scheduled for next Wednesday and if she's still not here, induction date for Thursday Oct 4th at 8am! I have had a lot more pain in my lower abdomen this week and shooting pains down my legs, so I'm not surprised that I started to dilate. Now it really is a waiting game to see when I will actually go into labor or if I will be induced on Thursday.

Since the beginning Nick and I have always hoped for an October baby, because it's a very special month for us. It's the month of our first date (Oct 18th), when we got married (Oct 3rd), and hopefully when we will have a baby. Even if she comes on the 1st at 12:01am we would be thrilled. (This also means that she would be the oldest in her class).


 



Weeks Along: 40
Size of baby: Jackfruit- about 7.5 lbs and 20 inches
Cravings: Anything sweet and carbs
Stretch Marks: Still don't have any
Sleep:  Not sleeping through the night, I think my body is preparing me for the 3-6am feedings
Movement: She has slowed down a bit which is normal
Symptoms: Swollen ankles and feet- my weight fluctuates 3-4lbs throughout the day
Exercise: Yes, still trying to get a walk in everyday
Favorite Project: Cleaning out our pantry- no really...I got rid of a ton of stuff last week and it felt great
Looking Forward: Getting my body back- not in shape, just having it to myself again!
Am I Ready?: Yes and No. I'll just leave it at that
 
Here are our hospital essentials that are packed and ready to go...
 
 
The sweater and booties are what Keri and I came home in
30 years ago
 
Love our car seat
 
Riley is ready for the Holidays!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment