June 5, 2013

8 Months

Holy Moley, time is just a flying by! I seriously can't believe Josie is 8 months old and we are closing in on her first birthday! She has been so busy this last month, where shall we begin.

Since she is now on a new nap schedule, I can actually leave the house for more than an hour at a time! It's really great actually, and that girl is like clockwork! She's knows her schedule and sticks to it! Here is a quick breakdown of her day.

7 am- wake up, nurse                                                                  
8:30-11- nap
11- bottle/nurse
************
12:15 pm- vegetable snack
12:45-3:15- nap
3:15- bottle/nurse
3:30-5- play time- wait for mom to pick up
5:15- nurse
6- fruit snack
7-8-nap
8:10-nurse
8:30-bed

And then we get to do it allllll over again the next day. A lot of time I try and take her on a quick walk before her 6 pm snack, or we just play in the house. Nick and I put her in the walker the other day- she was literally running around the house and slamming into the walls. I've never seen her move so quickly!

We are still working on crawling, and she is starting to get it. She scoots backwards, turns herself around and will get up on her knees for a minute, then gets pissed and is over it. She loves to stand though, so she may just skip crawling- we shall see.

She is still dependent on her paci to go to sleep, but thankfully we don't have to rock her anymore! I don't know if I need to thank Jen or Nick, but its so nice. I let her stand in the crib for a minute to play with her mobile, then turn on the sleep sheep, give her the paci, shut the door and she's good to go! She's been sleeping on her tummy for a while now, so last weekend when Nick put her down and 5 minutes later, we checked the monitor, all we saw were legs and ass. Most night she completely turns herself around and sleeps at the other end of the bed.

She is definitely going through some separation anxiety because the last few weeks she does not want to be put down, or gets upset when we leave the room. I know its common at this age, and she doesn't get upset that much, so a little crying here and there is OK. She is still happy 99% of the time, and is so ticklish and LOVES when Simba comes around.

Food is still going really well. She tried blackberries this weekend and loved them! I just wish I could get more than 2 servings out of a $3.50 tub. Ridic. Josie eats 4 cubes per meal! hahha, that really is a lot, but 3 just wasn't cutting it, so I bumped her up to 4 and she is much happier now. In the next month or so, we will start with finger foods and my anxiety will go through the roof.

In all, things are going really well, shes progressing like she should, and is growing up way too fast. She has no interest in saying Dada anymore, hahaah so still working on "mama" and "hi".

Here are her stats- did the best we could! 

Height- 28in
Weight- 20lb 3oz
Diaper Size- just moved to 4
Clothes Size- 9 mo
Eye Color- changes with her clothes- hazel or brown


she is getting so big! 


In a few weeks we are going back to Missouri, so that will be the true test. Baby, airplane, new faces, new places, etc...hopefully she does well.

I also have exciting news- I now have Friday's off! As you can see from Josie's daily schedule, when I get home from work, I literally have 2 hours at the most with her before she is asleep. So having that extra day designated just for us will be amazing, and I get to keep all of my benefits! Its a win, win for everyone.

Sorry this is so long...apparently we have more going on then I thought.





2 comments:

  1. Yay for Fridays off! Congrats Kell! Lets get together soon. The girls are getting too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! 8 months old! Wth?? Aunt Jessie needs to come for another visit soon! HUGE YAY for Fridays off!!! :)

    ReplyDelete