We are trying to teach her how to give Simba treats, even though it might be counterproductive. We tell her not to give him anything when she is in her high chair, but then give her "pet approved" treats...so we'll see how it goes. She is learning.
trying to get monkey to take a ride
annnnnnnnnnnnd this....
*****
Since Christmas is nearing and we are thinking of how fortunate we are, I've decided to help those less fortunate and volunteer my time. I know those that read my blog are basically family and friends, and ALL of us are extremely lucky. We have food in our belly's and roofs over our heads. I told Nick that I didn't want to do presents this year, because we absolutely don't need a thing and that's not what Christmas is about.
I follow this blog- Modg blog, and for the third year she has done Operation WANA (we are not assholes), definitely sounds like something I would subscribe to. Basically those that are in need can post what they need ( mostly gift cards for food, warm clothes for babies, diapers etc..). She does her best to weed out any shadiness or douchbagery, so after reading a ton of submissions, I found a military family that was in need and will send them a little care package this weekend because we are in the position to help.
I also found a rescue in NC ( don't ask me how) but they take in abused animals and give them free care and help get them adopted. They just recently rescued three dogs that were together, and the condition these dogs were in was absolutely disgusting and horrific. One was basically dead and another, they just removed four corn cobs from her stomach because that's all she had to eat...disgusting. You guys know I'm a total sucker for dogs, so of course I had to give them money. Not a lot, but something to help with those medical costs. You can go here to read their story and see some pictures and videos of the three. They are doing so much better and I check in on them a few times a week. And I just got a personal thank you in the mail for donating. Very nice.
Nick said at this point, we might as well take out an ad in the paper and say that Kelly Sarli is granting Christmas wishes!!!! Hahahahha. But in all seriousness, I don't expect anyone to contribute like I have or in any way, BUT just know that we are all blessed and there are so many out there less fortunate than we are, so its nice to pay it forward. I want Josie to know that the Holidays are about much more than presents and gifts. Obviously she wont remember anything from this year, but going forward, I plan to volunteer with her and help other families in need.That's the end of my soapbox speech.
Have a great weekend everyone!
xoxo
That's so great, Kelly! I feel inspired to do the same now! :) The link to the website with the 3 dogs doesn't work - can you e-mail it to me? I'd love to read their story and see them!
ReplyDelete