August 18, 2014

Mommy/Daughter Weekend

Nick was out of town a few weekends ago, so I took Friday off and Josie and I had a great weekend together. Friday we headed to the Zoo ( along with everyone one else in town), and Keri, Frank and the kids came down. We had such a good time walking around and see all the animals. Of course it was hotter than hell that day, I forgot the sunscreen and my shoulders got baked, thankfully Josie was in her stroller most of the time, so she was shaded. 

The new Africa exhibit was by far the biggest hit with the kids. We didn't feed the Giraffes, maybe next time, we had to wait in a long line just to get up and see them. Josie and Frankie loved seeing all the animals and Chloe did as well. 



obviously thrilled to be with me




she loved riding in the double stroller. 
Chole kept trying to pull her hair


I don't remember what they were looking at- but what a
precious picture. 


On Saturday, we met Grandma and Grandpa at Easton. We had to get a few last minute things for the baby and went to lunch. Josie was such a good girl even though she hadn't napped all weekend. She loved eating out and watching everyone. She is such a good shopper, I always take her with me whenever I go.
she looks so beautiful here
one of my favorite pics

her new Minnie Mouse from
Aunt Keri

trying to get her to nap- no dice

watching a show

hillbilly baby on the deck

she kept saying- 
"I sit at the table"


Everything right now (and has been for the last month or so) is "Mine". "Josie, can I take out your piggies? No, my piggies". "Do you want me to hold, doggie? No, my doggie". And so on and so forth. I'm sure this phase will continue for awhile, especially once the baby is here and can grab things from her.

Her vocabulary continues to boom and she is speaking in sentences now. Just the other night she was "reading", and I use that term loosely, a book to herself that we read often. She remembered the animals and the phrases asked on certain pages. She loves to point out animals and is starting to learn her colors. If you ask her what color something is, the answer is always "blue" but she will repeat what the correct color is once told.

She is now requesting to watch her favorite shows, which doesn't make me happy, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Chica is still her favorite and the "gul babies" aka Bubble Guppies.

More to come soon- hopefully news about a baby this week- that would be nice! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment