February 11, 2015

5 Months

Can't believe our little Cate is now 5 months old! She will be starting solids in a few weeks and finally drinking some water. Where has the time gone!?

She certainly had a busy month and is now rolling from her back to belly ( we have yet to see it), and loves to play in her bouncer and on the mat. She is grabbing more toys, is much more alert, LOVES to be talked to and play "super Cate". She watches Josie like a hawk and is drooling constantly. She has her whole hand in her mouth at all times and soaks through her clothes pretty quickly.

The spitting up is still the same, and we had to go to the doctor last month, for what I thought was only a cough, and ended up being bronchiolitis with a right ear infection. She finally finished her penicillin this morning. Man that stuff is nasty, brings me back to my younger days and having to take it- sick.

She continues to be the happiest baby ever, so calm and easy going. She is sleeping much better at night and rarely waking at all. If she does it's because she's pinned against the crib and wants her paci. I broke down and bought some glow in the dark ones, she seems to really like those.


This months stats:
Height- 25 in (approx)
Weight- 14 lb 9.5 oz
Clothes size- 3-6 mo
Diaper size- 2

She only gained a few ounces last month so I'm giving her an extra once in her bottles at Jen's, hoping that will help. She has the driest skin ever so I'm constantly slathering her with lotion and aquaphor. Other then that, she is the best baby and I can't wait to start solids soon. I think we'll start with sweet potatoes. 

Nick was at the grocery store when I decided to take her 5 month photos. I asked for Josie's help, thinking she would get Cate to smile, laugh, whatever. Judging from the pictures that didn't happen, but big sister decided she wanted in on the action. I've been waiting for the time when Josie wanted to hold Cate- she is finally taking an interest. 




this is my favorite




No comments:

Post a Comment