So, I get on Pinterest waaay more then I should. In my defense, I feel like I am doing my family a favor, because I find yummy recipes and new ideas for the house and baby. And sometimes, I come across a Pin that makes me stop and think, and be truly grateful for what I have. Ladies (and gents if you're out there) grab your box of tissues. This is an amazing story of a mother and the birth of her daughter who wasn't what she expected.
I started to think if Josie were born with Down Syndrome or another birth defect/condition. What if the DS test I took was wrong? How would things be today? Would they be different? Would she look the same, act the same, have the same smile? And I realized that it wouldn't matter. She is ours. We created her, and would love her all the same. I know you won't believe me, but I knew what Josie was going to look like before I saw her. I had gotten to know her for 9+ months and knew what she liked, her routine and schedule, and I imagined a beautiful little girl with dimples, big eyes and full lips, and a smile that would melt my heart. Nick and I are so blessed- we got exactly what we wanted and I realize that others aren't as fortunate.
Nevertheless, creating a new life and giving birth to a child is the most amazing, extraordinary thing we can do- and we were blessed to be able to do so. No matter what they look like, or what their capabilities are- we were chosen to be their parents and in the end- we are lucky to have them and not the other way around.
Since reading her post, I have started following her blog and love reading about her family and her outlook on life. She is due with her 3rd child any day (a boy) and Nella is now 3 years old. Please take a few minutes to read her story- you'll be glad you did.

Wow! Thanks for sharing..
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you read it! See you soon! :)
ReplyDelete