The last few weeks she has started to try and sit up on her own, especially when she is in her bouncy seat. She still isn't sitting alone, but she is really really close! Josie also loves to watch every single thing we are eating and I know she is wondering why we aren't sharing our delicious meals with her- soon little girl, soon. She is definitely ready for table food, and in a few weeks we will start with an avocado! I really didn't want to start with cereal or oatmeal, and there is no rule stating that we HAVE too. So I'd rather start with a "real" food and see how she likes it. I cant imagine her not liking avocado because I lived off guac in the summer, and always have at least one avocado every week. I am going to try and make her baby food too! I figured it was cheaper, and this way I know exactly what she is eating, and it doesn't seem to be too difficult. We shall see though, I usually get a wild hair up my ass about things, and then it fizzles out faster then when the idea first entered my head. Here is the book that will guide me into my baby cooking days...
Josie has obviously gone through a growth spurt recently (or I was trying to stuff her into small clothes) because she literally outgrew all of her sleepers in one week and most of her clothes! Needless to say, I had some shopping to do over the last few weeks so she would have something to wear! I found some of the cutest clothes at Kohls (Jumping Beans are my favorite) and I cant wait for Spring/Summer to arrive so she can rock the skirts I bought. I am trying not to spend too much money on clothes because lets be honest, she will outgrow them shortly, and she has become quite the, how should I say...doo doo artist. Hahah- she has been blowing out of every outfit and spitting up more, so buying the $5 pair of pants and top is where we are at!
She is still our champion sleeper and is doing better about not waking up so early. She still takes 3-4 naps a day and sleeps all night so I'm not going to complain one bit! :) Also, Aunt Jessie was in town over the weekend and she and Josie had a big time together again. Josie just loves her and is always smiling and laughing when they are playing. I have lots of pictures from this week/weekend so lets get to them!
Here are her stats for month 5
Height- 26.5-27in (very rough estimate)
Weight- 16lb 6oz
Diaper Size- 2
Clothes Size- Mostly 6 mo. 9mo for sleepers and bodysuits
Eye Color- turning more brown- still a bit of green
Even if his spot is taken- he will squeeeeze in! :)
can you tell what her favorite toy is???
Our super tan baby- not fair!
Oh yea- and one thing I am NOT looking forward to- daylight savings time...lets hope she adjusts quickly...



.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment