I had already planned to take Friday off, so my mom came down and we went to lunch and did some shopping. We were going to visit the Easter Bunny, but Josie fell asleep. If her dress came in my size, I would totally wear it.
Colls arrived Friday night as I was putting Josie to bed and surprised the hell out of me! I haven't seen her since August, so we had a lot to catch up on and of course she had to meet Josie. Once Josie laid eyes on her it was love at first sight! They had such a good time hanging out and chatting- like Colleen said, this was a trial run, she wanted to see 'what having a kid was all about!'
On Saturday we went to Easton and had some brunch. The sun was finally shinning, so we decided to do some shopping as well. Remember when I said it was going to be a weekend of firsts? Well, Josie tried food for the first time on Saturday, and lets just say, it went as well as to be expected. She was so trusting when I came at her with a spoon full of avocado, but suddenly realized it wasn't milk and the texture was funny, so lots of funny faces and moments occurred quite quickly! She went from unsure, to mad and disgusted, to happy all in a matter of seconds. At one point she was literally gagging, I thought she was going to throw up.
Today we tried something different- oatmeal. They told me not to try more than 3 new foods a week and space them out in case she has a reaction. The oatmeal was more successful than the avocado, but she was still unsure- at least she didn't gag!
my amazeballs cake
Colleen's first diaper change!
Colls headed home this afternoon and she probably paid Nick and I the best compliment ever. She said she wanted, "the same make and model as Josie." We just love you Aunt Colleen, and can't wait to see you in November or hopefully before.





No comments:
Post a Comment