June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's out there! We have had such a special day and I have lots of photos to prove it.

Yesterday, we made a quick trip to Mansfield to see everyone and had a great time, even though Frankie tried to wipe his boogers on Uncle Nick and thew a phone in Grandpa's face. Oh, to be two again... And, we are now in countdown mode for baby girl Nemeth!








This morning I treated Daddy to breakfast at First Watch. Well, he treated us because I left my wallet at home, BUT we did grace him with our presence and that will have to be enough. When we got back it was time to open up the gifts. Thank god for Pinterest, because Nick said a tie for Father's day is unacceptable, so that means I need to put my creative cap on- or find one. 

This was my inspiration...


I thought, eh, how hard can this be? Get some letters, dress her up, throw some pillows behind her, we're good to go! I waited until the week before to get my ass in gear, and so of course Michael's was out of every A and D of the good letters. I bet every Mom is America was doing the same thing I was. Guaranteed. So I had to settle for these super tiny letters that would fit her hands well, but probably wouldn't photograph worth a shit. So my first Friday off, I thew on a dress and tried to stage this seemingly easy photo shoot. Wrong. She wasn't having any part of it, and especially did NOT like laying down since she can now sit up. So 15 minutes of me trying to adjust the pillows, not take pictures of the wall, her screaming and crying, I decided to call it a day. 

The next time I tried was during the week after a feeding, I figured she would be much happier. Wrong. She just had a this horrible look on her face like, "you want me to touch what, and do what??" I snapped a few and realized that wasn't our day either. 

So finally, last Monday I believe, I just said screw it, today is the day, we are running out of time. I fed her as soon as I got home and then proceeded to take some pictures in her chair. I could tell she was much more comfortable, but still not sure what to do with the letters. I think I snapped 30-40 in about 5 minutes, but the end result was great. I can't take all the credit. I did take the photos, but Mon-tay edited and put the collage together. :) And, I did not plan her outfit that day, just happened to work out. 



I also picked this book up for Nick. We love Rainn Wilson, and it had good reviews, so I figured why not. 

Here are the rest of our pics from today. 









1 comment:

  1. The DAD picture turned out so cute and love that little outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete