July 9, 2013

9 Months

What a busy month Josie has had! I always have to refer to her baby book and my notes, because so many things happen and I cant remember all of them. Here is her list:  New foods-blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, grapes, kiwi, and plums. Other firsts include- first time in the pool, started to take steps with help, can go from sitting to on her belly, starting to pull out all my hair, and first airplane trip!

One of the biggest things is I changed her schedule a bit last week. I figured it was a long weekend, she was getting increasingly more and more pissy when I'd wake her up at 8 pm to eat, so why not switch it up. Once I get home from work, she is literally eating every hour or two. Which is fine, but I need to start decreasing her milk intake, so I scratched the 5 pm nursing, replaced it with her snack that she usually has at 6 and then nurse her at 7 instead of 8 and put her straight to bed. I was worried that going to bed without a 20 minute feeding/reading session would cause her to wake up at 6 am, but who was I kidding..that girl can sleep sleep sleep. She seems to be much happier, and didn't even notice that I switched things up and took away a nursing session. As long as she is getting food, she could care less. I also added in breakfast since I took away one "meal". So here is her somewhat revised schedule.

7 am-nurse
8 am- snack
11 am- nurse/bottle
12 pm-snack 
3 pm-nurse/bottle
5 pm-snack
7 pm-nurse/bed  


She still isn't crawling yet, but is really close. She tries, but I don't think she has much interest in it. She would rather be walking or standing. She is now a speed demon in her walker and can maneuver herself around if she gets stuck. She will push herself backward, turn and keep on truckin- smart girl!



usual sour puss face

I waited to wait to do her 9 month post because we went to the doctor this morning. We couldn't wait to see what her height/weight stats were and hear what Dr. Niland had to say. She had her hemoglobin checked to make sure she wasn't iron deficient, and no shots thank goodness! Dr. Niland said she looked wonderful, she was healthy, proportionate, right on track and can eat whatever we are eating- with the exception of honey and nuts. So miss thang will get some lemon chicken and couscous tonight! 

toe prick for her hemoglobin check


Her 9 Month Stats

Height- 28.5 in (81%)
Weight- 21 lb 7.5 oz (91%)
Head- 17.75 (85%)
Clothes Size- 9mo
Diaper Size- 4
Shoe Size- 2 ( 3-6 month- she has tiny feet)
Eye Color- jury's still out- brown or hazel



Who do you think she looks like?? We are all roughly the same age in the photos

Growing up way too fast. 






one of her favorite new toys

one of my favorites


You'll have to check back for her 9 month professional photos. We had her set up for last Friday with Monty, but had to reschedule due to our NY visit. Looking forward to seeing him on the 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment