stopping for a snack on Saturday
Our trip started out by witnessing a huge accident on 315 N. Then the air conditioning in my car wasn't working, and the sun was beating down on us, so everyone was sweating to death. I left Josie's sweater on because I figured she'd be cold with the ac...wrong. After an hour and a half, I had to wake her up and take the sweater off, all while being stopped on 71 because every schmo in town was out and didn't know how to drive. We finally made it to cincy, and are driving along, then dead stop in KY because of another accident...see where I'm going with this. Get passed that accident and Josie is now up at this point, BUT we did get the ac working, thank god! Then we are about 20 minutes away from the house and again dead stop on 71...hating life, we go into the median and get off an exit before we are supposed too. Thank god Nick has a good sense of direction and can get places even if he's never driven there. Soooo we finally pull up to the house close to 5....we left at 12:20.
Hugs and kisses all around, then it was time for a brewski. Mama and Dada needed a cocktail after that trip! It took Josie a few minutes to warm up (and me about 20 to realize Jimmie shaved his mustache!), but once she felt comfortable, she was such a good girl and smiled, played and had a great time.
I'll never forget this...after dinner I could tell that Josie pooped her pants. Jimmie jumps up and announces he wants to change her. I figured it had been 25 years since he changed a diaper, so I'd help him out. He was all gun-ho, and pulled her diaper off, and goes, "God, you stink!". haaaaaaaaahahahahahah I started dying and immediately took away the diaper. He was so proud and came around the corner holding Josie, and I noticed something looked weird....her diaper was on backwards!
backwards diaper
probably around midnight :)
Josie stayed up a little passed her bedtime to visit and we continued with our conversations and bottles of wine! Nick and I aren't used to staying up until 1 am drinking anymore, but we were having such a good time, we didn't want the night to end. Lots of old stories and wedding albums were shared.
Sunday was a long day since we were running on little sleep, and Nick and I were in bed by 9 pm- total old balls. We had the best time and cant wait to visit again soon! Hopefully the girls will be in town next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment