October 21, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

I think we are still trying to catch up on our sleep. No wait, I know we are! We had the best time with our cousins this weekend, but let me tell you. I don't know how Liz and Brian do it. I am EXHAUSTED and Josie is too.

Friday we met everyone for Boo at the Zoo, and I debated on dressing Josie up since we will miss trick-or-treat this year, but decided against it. It was a little chilly and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. We got to see some fun animals- elephants, tigers, bears, arctic fox, and a polar bear. We even went to the petting zoo area which was a big hit with the kids. Josie loved petting the goats and the boys loved brushing their coats, and Liam had a great time flying over a rock...see photo below :)

















Of course my Friday didn't start out so well- it never does. Josie didn't want to nap- she finally fell asleep around 10:30 ( I usually wake her up at 11). I cut the grass real quick ( way harder than I remember) and then I let Simba out and this happened.... He smelled SO bad. I was literally in our front yard, soaping and cleaning him off the with hose. It smelled a lot like shit, so I think it was, but it could have been from the mushrooms growing in our yard- either way it was disgusting.


eating breakfast



starting to copy everything- time to ban swearing


Thankfully Josie took 2 long naps on Saturday, because the crew arrived around 3:30 and the craziness began. We had the wii set up downstairs, so that took the boys attention and Liz and I could sit and chat with the babies. All of the kids had such a good time playing together and shared really well. Liam kept trying to give Josie a drink from his cup! 






Josie passed out shortly after everyone left and I was asleep by 9! Old balls. We didn't have much going on Sunday so we decided to go to Lynd's Fruit Farm because it was an absolute perfect fall day. Once again, someone didn't think she needed to nap, so off we went. 





eating fresh pumpkin doughnuts

Britney Spears'in it to the patch









annnnnd one of the many meltdowns that followed a day of no napping. I put her to bed at 6:30 and had to wake her up at 7 the next day.

pasta barrette...


Let's pray for a more cooperative week! 








No comments:

Post a Comment