We celebrated her big birthday all weekend and let me tell you it was a busy one. Lots of family in town to spend quality time with- all while keeping to her schedule as best as we could.
On Friday, I had a ton to get done, so I dropped Josie off at Jen's in the morning, and ran my errands. Then Josie and I went to lunch with Johnny and Ernie and we had a great time!
We had to get back so Josie could nap and get ready to go see the Fisher's for dinner. Josie found a mirror on the floor, and I wish I had taken a picture because she loved looking at herself crawling around. Hmmmm 1yr photo idea??
2 mug shots
OK, so the big day. I woke Josie up that morning with a happy song and dance, and she greeted me in her crib standing up. She was born at 7:24 am last year, and this year I was feeding her a bottle- it was very surreal. We had a ton to get done and Nick and I were praying she took 2 good naps. She HAD to be rested for the party! We rushed to get everything ready by 3:30 and that's when guests started to show. I think we had around 25 people in our small house, that is a lot! The weather didn't hold out, but that's OK- it was nice and cozy inside.
party hat Jen made
As you know, Nick worked for a month making pasta and gravy by hand for her big day. Once we got everything cooked, it was so delicious and everyone really enjoyed themselves- especially Josie. Pasta is one of her favorites, so she dug right in!
heading up to get a quick bath
the only picture of the three of us :(
After I rinsed her off it was time for CAKE! I wasn't sure how it would go, but she has half my chromosomes so certainly she would love cake, right???? Frankie was dying to dig in so we had to get the singing on and cake cut. She wasn't too sure about it, and grabbing the candle seemed like the obvious choice. But once she took a bite of the icing it was all over. Of course I wasn't paying attention and she ate ALL the icing off that huge piece of cake. I tried to give her an actual piece of the cake and she spit it out. I guess she knows what the good part is.
grabbing lit candles- whoops
After cake, we tore open all the gifts and she is one spoiled girl! Lots of toys, clothes, puzzles, money and special gifts from Ireland! I had to rinse her one more time, and by then the party was winding down.
45 lbs of love right there!
saying bye to the NY crew
Tomorrow is Josie's 1yr check up- can't wait to see what her stats are! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment