We left Thursday night and drove half way. The weather was really shitty and we made it to Beckley, WV. Definitely not a place I would like to call home, but they had a taco bell and I got a b-e-a-n burrito and it was the size of my fist. Pathetic. Thankfully we were only sleeping there and got up and on the road early the next day.
I knew Asheville was going to be a hippie town, but I didn't realize HOW hippie. It smelled like patchouli and b.o, but it made for great people watching, and the food and booze was amazing. We ate at the Tupelo Honey cafe- I had shrimp and grits, nick had a black bean burger, and they made the best blueberry jam I've ever had.
After rehearsal we met up with friends that had just got to town. XU girls reunion!!
mon-tay even met us!
We stayed out way past out bedtime and made it home around 1:30. I knew we had a long day planned on Saturday and I didn't want to ruin Colleens photos with bags under my eyes. The weather was on and off all day- the sun would come out and then go away, then it would start raining and stop. But by ceremony time, thankfully the rain stopped. Nick enjoyed his free day with some hiking, city exploring and he found a great bar with good food.
boozing before the ceremony
Didn't you know I was a sister wife??
one of my all time favorite photos
XU gals
our new besties- Angela and John
oh- and this girl. she barfed on the bus going home...
womp womp
And of course an update on Miss. Josie. She was a good girl and loved spending time with grandma, grandpa and Frankie. Here are the photos from her big weekend away.
as good as it gets for Halloween-
We had a great time in NC, but are glad to be home with our little love.
No comments:
Post a Comment