April 26, 2013

Happy Friday

Well, we made it through the week-and what a long week it was. I have done much better than I ever thought I would, and I have to say I'm proud of myself. I still have my moments of course, and will, probably for a long time to come. But knowing that I have a healthy, happy, beautiful little girl waiting for me to start each day with a smile instead of a frown keeps me going. I realized that no matter how much I am hurting, I can't be that person all the time Josephine. It's not fair to her. If I want to cry and fall apart, then I will after I put her to bed.

You hear how much stress effects the body and let me tell ya, that was apparent immediately. Josie knew mommy was sad and upset, so she of course, did not want to nurse because instantaneously my supply depleted.  It's been a long week as far as nursing is concerned, but I think we are back on track now. I just have to keep reminding myself to stay calm and don't stress-easier said than done. Josie didn't realize, or maybe she did in her own little way, but at the beginning of the week after she was done nursing, she would just lay her head on my shoulder. She hasn't done that since she was a few months old, and it made all the difference in the world.

************

So, about this week. Not too many pictures, but she has tried a few new foods! I had to give her prunes last weekend because girlfriend was backed up! She hadn't pooped in like 4 days but she seems to be back on track now-by the way, she loved the prunes! She has also tried Acorn Squash (big hit), pumpkin and apples last night. One night this week, I went back to the beginning and gave her some avocado-gagged the whole time. She still loves her blueberries and pears the most, and of course bananas.

I also tried to introduce a sippy cup, but she was very confused and did not like drinking from it. So, I put some water in a bottle and she drank a little bit. It's the first time she's had water, I think she mostly just likes to chew on the nipple and try and feed herself. She actually prefers to drink from our cups- she's obsessed with glasses.


drinking like a big girl






No comments:

Post a Comment