October 2, 2013

Big changes for a big girl

Lots of big changes will be happening by weeks end. Its hard to believe that an entire year has passed since Josie came into our world. Today was my last day of work, last year and I remember thinking- god, it will be so nice to be home, to finally meet Josie and to love on her every minute of every day.

So about these changes...by Sunday there will be no more bottles, binki's or boobs in the house. That's right, I am cutting her off cold turkey and we are moving into big girl territory. The only thing I am really worried about is the binki, but she will get over it quickly I'm sure. I have slowly decreased my nursing sessions over the last few months, and am down to once a day. This morning I put some whole milk in her bottles so she can get used to the taste.

It's a little sad to think that I'm not going to be nursing her anymore. Didn't think I'd feel that way, but after having so many issues in the beginning and making it a full year, I'm pretty proud of myself and Josie for coming such a long way. Looking back it was me that was causing the problems, not her. She knew exactly what she was doing, I did not. Lesson learned for the next one.

Here are some first week photos- gets me all teary going down memory lane. She was so beautiful from the moment she was born. I cant get over how much she has grown and changed. I'll probably start bawling when we sing her happy birthday! Who am I???? I've never cried at anything in my life! Not even when she was born- well maybe a little because it took 3 hours to push that big monster out. :)








More trips down memory lane this week and a big anniversary date tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what we did with C at her one year mark. No more paci or nursing. She did great with the changes and loved her whole milk. Not many people make it a full year. You should be proud of yourself! See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete