April 9, 2013

6 Months

Her first year is halfway over?? How the hell did that happen!!? Seriously, time has been flyyying by and I feel like our little girl is growing up way too fast. March was a very busy month for us and big month for Josie. Probably the biggest milestone is she started eating solids. So far she is doing pretty well and not allergic to anything.

She is always hesitant at first, but then ussssssssssually likes what I give her. So far she has tried, Avocado, Oatmeal, Peas (woof), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Pears (gag). I thought she would love the pears because they are so sweet, but she gagged the whole time and pulled them out of her mouth! Hmmm. So far, oatmeal and carrots are her favorite. Later this week we will try a banana.

She has been sitting up for weeks and loves to play with her new toys. She especially likes to play with our phones and always wants what we are drinking (must think she's missing out!) She is still obsessed with her socks and feet and wants to crawl so badly. I'm sure she will be doing it in no time, and she can even balance herself and stand for a bit alone.

She has started to become hesitant around some strangers, especially men. Hmmmm sounds familiar (I was scared of men except for my dad when I was little!) They say around 6 months they can start to have separation anxiety- she does really well over a Jen's, but let me tell you...as soon as I walk in the door she is smiling and kicking for me! It just makes my day. Any now, when we are playing on her mat, she reaches around for us, and if we leave the room she lets us know she is not happy. It's not all the time, she's still pretty independent, but nice to know she misses us! :)

She is a master at pulling her paci out and putting it back in. I wish we could record what we watch on the monitor because she's cray. She will pull out the paci, start screaming, put it back in, and repeat about 20 times before she falls asleep. If she wakes up in the middle of the night sans paci, she will find that damn thing and shove it back in! I have no idea how we are going to break her of that habit.

***********
And now, a quick summary of our Sunday escapade...

I'm sure you heard that all of Sears Portratit Studios were closing. After her 3 month shoot, we thought it was pretty corny and lame, so we would try someplace else for her 6 month. Well, try someplace else we did. I would give anything to go back to that corny sears sanctuary instead of the nightmare we walked into on Sunday. I thought it was odd that all the shades were drawn in the front window and now I know why. If parents walking by, looked in, and saw about 30 people plus 20 snot nosed kids running around, they would just keep steppin. I literally turned to Nick and asked if he wanted to bail before we checked in- that's how bad it was.

And then- all the parents feel the need to chat with one another. I use the term "parents" loosely because Nick was literally the only man there- apparently Dad's weren't invited, nor wanted to go to this gawd forsaken place. We noticed this after some grandma told us we had a big 6 month old. I'm sorry grandma, my daughter is healthy and happy, unlike your 9 month runt of a grandson who doesn't have any teeth! Haters gonna hate.

In the end it didn't end up being that bad- we got some really great shots, the photographer was nice and it didn't take too long. I just hate when they try and sell you $500 worth of shit you don't need! No, I don't need 30 prints, plus 3 books, a calendar, a coffee mug, a canvas print or mouse pad! NO! This poor 15 yr old kid that was helping us was probably dying for us to leave. All I wanted was the CD so I could print whatever I wanted, but I had to spend $100 to get it! WTF? So I finally narrowed down my top 15 prints and made the mistake of asking Nick what he thought. He said, and I quote " I'll pay whatever just to get the hell out of here." baaaahahahah so on that note, we left.

Here are her pics from that photo session and of course mine at home! :)

6 Month Stats
Height- 27in (88th %)
Weight- 18lb 3.5oz ( 85th %)
Head- 17in (75th %)
Diaper Size- 3
Clothes Size- 6 mo. 9 mo sleepers
Eye Color- Hazel















post vaccines, nap, dinner and bath 
= happy girl :)


2 comments:

  1. Super cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. starting to see so much of you in her! get a video of her eating peas and save it for her graduation:)

    ReplyDelete