With all that said, Josie has started her 11th month off with a bang. No one got any sleep lat night- no one. Not even Simba, and I think he could sleep in a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant. To say she is teething terribly is an understatement. She wouldn't eat yesterday- only super cold things, her nose is runny, her butt is raw and pimply, her mouth is raw and swollen, she has had a high fever for 2 days, I think she might have a canker sore-or thrush, and she wants to be held all the time. I don't blame her, growing up stinks.
However the really shitty part is the nurse at the pediatrician's office told me to quit using the wipes and start using a baking soda/water mixture. wtf? Oh, and let her go without the diaper as much as we can. So let me get this straight- I'm supposed to let her free ball it (if she had balls), take the chance that she might poop and pee all over the furniture or my lap, and then when she does, run to the kitchen make a special mixture to wipe her hoo hoo and then don't put the diaper back on??? Me no understand. What happens when she poops? Do I use a paper towel? That would be too rough. A Kleenex wouldn't absorb anything and will flake off in her lady parts. What about a washcloth you might ask? Well, I guess I could do that, and just wring them out after each use and risk them being discolored forever with poop particles. I guess we'll just have to see how this all goes. Oh, and I'm supposed to let her soak in a baking soda bath a few times a day.
Even though this week hasn't been a dream, Josie has had an amazing month as far as learning and growth is concerned and we couldn't be more proud. She will hand over things when asked- every morning she hands me her paci, and she is also learning how things work and will utilize her stacking cups and rings properly. She gives kisses, waves bye bye, knows who the "doggie" is and always pounds on the door for him to come back. She has tried lemon risotto, spaghetti and meatballs, cheese ravioli, french fries, turkey sausage, pumpkin waffles, cheese enchilada, blueberry pancakes, graham crackers, cinnamon waffles, cauliflower and a french toast stick! She also started saying "mama" which is still few and far between.
Here are this months stats
Height- 29 in (guesstimate)
Weight- 23 lb (guesstimate)
Clothes Size- 9 mo
Diaper Size- 4
yesterday's misery :(
Lets pray for a better nights sleep- I got her to eat some yogurt and poofs so that is an improvement.

No comments:
Post a Comment