September 3, 2013

Long weekend wrap-up

Even though it was a long holiday weekend, I don't feel like we got much done. I really don't know what we do with our days anymore, but they seem to go, and we don't accomplish much. Friday was a busy day though with our trip to Yellow Springs. We loaded up the SUV and dropped Dad off at the antique mall. Yes, you read that right. My Dad has become an antique shopper. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever utter those words. Nick now calls my parents the "Mansfield Pickers".

After we dropped him off, Mom and I headed to town to meet with Colette. It was hot as hell that day and I was so proud of how Josie handled it. I don't have the high resolution pictures yet, but here are her favorite shots from the day. She modeled two hats again and after the first we really needed to get to a shaded area.





she wasn't too sure about that owl-
but let him hang next to her during the shoot



On Saturday we were so excited for the Dolan's to visit and Josie was ready to see her buddy again. The girls took to each other immediately and had a great time. I wish we had a picture of Josie in her walker, because Caroline was so jealous that she was zooming around in her cool wheels! 

telling secrets already


Josie and C must visit the same barber- 
business in front, party in the back!




How's it hanging Caroline? 
A little low and to the right?? :)

I have never seen Josie take to another man like she did Joe! 
She LOVED him



After our lunch visit, Josie was pooped for the rest of the day so we just hung out and went to the grocery store. Nick wanted to make fresh pasta on Sunday, so we had to get all the ingredients. We also managed to go to the mall on Sunday and I ran a few other errands on Monday which was a huge mistake. It wasn't "Labor Day" in Columbus, it should have been called "Hoosier Day" (that's hillbilly for the non-Missoura folk) because every damn hillbilly was out in full force!



homemade cheese and spinach ravioli! it was delish

her foam goatee- that is allllll slobber 

my .90c special find at BRU

an embarrassment at the mall


smashing stache don't you think??


Tonight, Josie has a fever and was not feeling too hot- she hasn't been that snugly in awhile- she just wanted to be held so hopefully she feels better tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly!
    I love your blog! Josie is just an absolute doll face!
    So the hats she is wearing? Did you make those? Or where do you get them? We are taking Kayla to Cabo in December and we will totally need a hat for her!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that picture of her in the stroller at the mall. HAHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted a few of your pics on my last post. Thanks for documenting the play date and for a delicious lunch! Can't wait to see that cute babe again!

    ReplyDelete