May 20, 2013

We Survived...

Well, we made it through the weekend- but not without a little hiccup. Of course things wouldn't go perrrrrrrfectly smooth while Nick was gone, no way, no how.

Friday ran as scheduled, or I should say, per usual. Got home, ate some food, did the laundry, sent pictures of new teeth to Dada, watched some recorded TV, put baby to bed, had a beer, went to bed at 10:30. Great.


see the nubbies poking through

Saturday was also running as scheduled. We got up, ate breakfast, took a nice nap, and went to meet some friends at Easton. Even though she missed her afternoon nap, she was still in good spirits, slept on the way home and I even drove around for an extra 20 minutes so she could sleep. 

Then night came and woke up the beast!!! It usually takes about 10 minutes for her to fall asleep, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. After almost 2 HOURS, she finally fell asleep....in her bassinet...which she is too big for...and way over the weight limit...but it's the only way I could get her to stay asleep. 




I foolishly thought we were going to get through this teething period unscathed, because we have the perfect baby, who doesn't cry and is always happy...WRONG. Anytime she would roll to her side, cry. Paci was lost or she flung it across the bed, cry. You're not coming in to get me, cry. This went on until almost 10pm and mind you, I put her down at 830. Finally, I just said piss on it, and rolled in the damn bassinet, put the vibrator on, let the birds chirp and left the room. I think it also helped because its at an incline and her nose was all stuffy too. I also felt like I had to move her out of the bed because the sheets were soaked with snot and tears from her screaming blood murder. You would have thought her pinkie toe was being chopped off.

So, I finally went to bed around 11 because I had to finish the moved I started 444444 hours ago. Thankfully, she slept all night. 

Then Sunday rolls around and I think we are in the clear and going to have a nice relaxing day. WRONG. Since she missed almost 2 hours of sleep the night before, she was ready to go down for her morning nap a little earlier then usual. So at 8:30, we went up for our morning nap. Annnnnnnd the beast returned. Long story, short, she screamed blood murder for an hour, I went up and down the stairs about 20 times trying to calm her down, insert paci, change diaper, turn on sleep sheep, flip her back to her back, and do you know what that little shit did EVERY TIME I walked into the room....laughed. Yea, must be funny for your mom to want to go out and play in traffic while you are jacking around in your crib and wont go to sleep. Oh, I know if I would have held her, she'd sleep for hours.

Thankfully my parents came down that morning, so I could escape to the grocery store for a little break. I totally figured she would get at least a good hour nap in while I was gone...wrong again. Of course by 12 she was exhausted, and thankfully went down right away at 12:30. She woke up for a bit around 2, but I just left her in there and she fell back asleep until 3:15 when Dada got home. 

And I am happy to report that last night's sleep went as schedule and apparently her nap did this morning as well. Let's just hope she beast has calmed before the long weekend.

I did send a few videos to Nick this weekend because I know he was missing his number one girl. Enjoy. And since my phone/YouTube/computer/all technology is being an f'in piece of shit..click on the links to view the videos..one day I will have it all figured out.




hoarding toys

checking herself out in the mirror








No comments:

Post a Comment